Ng Kee Way
NG KEE WAY (MR.)
LL.B(Hons), P.J.K. (NSDK), RFP, MMIArb
Ng Kee Way graduated from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) with the Bachelor of Law (Hons). He was admitted and registered as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya.
Prior setting up the firm, he was attached with Messrs Zaid Ibrahim & Co. He was under Mr. Khoo Kay Peng where he was exposed to various field of litigation such as banking litigation, corporate litigation, family law, running down cases, probate and administration of estate, hire purchase dispute and debt recovery.
After that, he attached with Messrs Tunku Amiruddin & K.K Chew. He was under Mr. Chew Kit Keong. He was exposed to preparation of almost all the banks security documents namely, Facility Agreement, Deed of Assignment, Power of Attorney for the Property without title. He also specialized in the preparation of Facility Agreement & Charge in Form 16A together with Charge Annexure for the property with title.
Later, he joined Messrs Paul, Amy Choong & Associates. He was then handled and defended a lot of criminal cases such as drugs trafficking, murder and so on.
He finally set up his own firm to provide his legal service to the community.
In January 2020, he was awarded Pingat Jasa Kebaktian (P.J.K) by Negeri Sembilan Darul Khusus.
In February 2020, he was qualified as Arbitrator recognized by The Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators.
In order to know more about banking, he joined Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists. ACAMS is the largest international membership organization dedicated to advancing the professional knowledge, skills and experience of those dedicated to the detection and prevention of money laundering around the world, and to promote the development and implementation of sound anti-money laundering policies and procedures.
In 2020, he also start serving Bar Council Corporate & Commercial Law Committee.
In 2022, he awarded as Managing Partner of the Year FINALIST by Asian Legal Business (ALB) Malaysia Law Awards. Besides, he also certified as Registered Financial Planner (RFP) by Malaysian Financial Planning Council (MFPC).
Education,Qualification & Affiliates
• LL.B (Hons) University Kebangsaan Malaysia
• Advocates & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya
• Qualified Arbitrator of The Malaysian Institute of Arbitrator
• Malaysia Bar Corporate & Commercial Law Committee (2020/2021)
• Asian Legal Business (ALB) Malaysia Law Award 2022 – Managing Partner of the Year FINALIST
• Registered Financial Planner (RFP)
Zainurulfarah Binti Zainol
ZAINURULFARAH BINTI ZAINOL (ZAI) (MS.)
Zainurulfarah Binti Zainol graduated from University Utara Malaysia. She commenced pupillage in the chambers of Shahinuddin Shariff in Messrs. Shahinuddin & Ranjit. Her principal practice is dispute resolution focusing on general litigation. Her experience involved various areas of law, including civil claims, construction, probate & Trusts, and Debt Restructuring & Corporate Secure Mechanism as well as banking and Islamic Finance.
Experience in Litigation
- Litigation and advisory work for a major energy company in relation to offences under the Electricity Supply Act 1990-Meter
- Litigation in commercial crime Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorism Financing And Proceeds Of Unlawful Activities Act 2001 – Section 56(1) – Forfeiture of property where there is no prosecution (Reported case: PP Venus Empire Enterprise & Ors  1 LNS 908).
- Litigation in Banker & Customer relationship. (Reported cases: Dato’ Lim Huah Leong v. Engtex Marketing Sdn Bhd  1 LNS 1401, Bank Perusahaan Kecil & Sederhana Malaysia Berhad lwn. Pinggir Merpati Sdn Bhd & Yang Lain  1 LNS
- Litigation in breach of non-statutory hire purchase agreements (Reported case: Malayan Banking Berhad v. Facilipack Industries Sdn Bhd & Ors  1 LNS 1204).
- Litigation in Duty of care – Breach of duty – Insurance claim (Reported case: Tokio Marine Insurans (M) Bhd WCT Construction Sdn Bhd & Anor 4 CLJ 808)
- Litigation in relation to disputes arising from a sale and purchase agreement land disputes (Reported case: Lee Choon Hei lwn. OMX Marketing Sdn Bhd  1 LNS 857).
- Litigation in relation land disputes acquisition of lands by Selangor Government (Datum Jelatek).
- Litigation in relation of Section 25(2) Dangerous Drugs (Forfeiture Of Property)Act
- In the matter of Section 41(1) Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission Act 2009 (ACT 694).
- Litigation in relation of Section 56 and Section 61 Anti-Money Laundering, Anti- Terrorism Financing and Proceeds of Unlawful Activities Act 2001 (AMLA)2001 (ACT 613).
Experience Advisory & Transactional
Malayan Banking Berhad & Maybank Islamic Berhad
- Advisory and drafting work in relation notice of demand, summons until obtain judgment
- Counsel work in conduct hearing to obtain Court
- Advisory in relation to issues arise between the Bank and the Customers; g. the Hirer is deceased, rights and obligation of next of kin, Alteration of Hire Purchase Agreement, Set off current account of the deceased in advance to Hire Purchase account, Non Authorized of Esi, show cause letter issued by Bank Negara.
- Advisory in relation to Maintaining and updating legal database and ensuring that all cases and account are up to
Legal Counsel MIDF BERHAD & MIDF PROPERTY
- Advisory and drafting work in notice of demand, summons until obtain judgement in relation to Non HP Act for debt recovery for, robots, chips , business loan, WorkingCapital Loan, Machinery
- Advising and preparing relevant cause work to appoint receiver and manager in case of the Company (the borrower) wound
- Advisory and drafting work in Debt recovery for the unpaid rental of the respective factories owned
- Advisory and drafting work until Conduct Hearing to Execution Proceedings after obtain Judgment among others Winding Up Proceedings, Bankruptcy, Writ Seizure and Sale and Judgment Debtor
- Advisory in maintaining and updating legal database and ensuring that all cases and account are up to
Legal Counsel for Kumpulan Wang Simpanan Pekerja (KWSP).
- Advisory in maintaining and keep track of KPI imposed by KWSP to the External lawyer.
- Advisory and drafting work in debt recovery for unpaid contribution, dividend and
- Advisory in determine the liability of the Company and Directors based on the period assessment by the Inspector
Legal Counsel for Tenaga Nasional Berhad
- Drafting work in relation to demand, summons until execution
- Advisory and drafting work in relation to Matters relating to loss of revenue under 38(3) and (4) of the Electricity Supply Act 1990 due to meter tempering.
Legal Counsel for Telekom Malaysia Berhad.
- Advisory and drafting work in relation to property damages e. damages of TM Fiber optic cable due to construction works or accidents.
Seke Tsai Yan
SEKE TSAI YAN (EVIN) (MS.)
Energetic, ambitious, and full of life, Evin is not your run of the mill legal practitioner, but a young, lawyer with traits of a gen Y: adventurous, ambitious and aggressive.
Interestingly, upon completing pupillage and a full one year practice as Legal Assistant at Messrs Abraham Ooi & Partners (PJ Branch), which included became pioneer and assisting her friend at Messrs Khairuddin Lina Leong & Co set up the firm at Taman Danau Desa Branch). Thereafter, she took the road less travelled all the way to San Fransisco for a two years-long work and travel programme. Upon returning — mind enriched and refreshed to take on a new adventure — she joined the main office of Messrs Andrew Jye & Co. at Kuala Lumpur.
After completing two and half years of excellent service at the main office of Messrs Andrew Jye & Co., she was promoted as branch manager and stationed at her own hometown, Kuala Lipis, Pahang. It was at the Kuala Lipis branch that she spent a good portion of her legal career from 2016 onwards. Here, she handled several portfolios involving contractors and construction companies based in KL and Pahang, including the PRIMA housing project and joint venture agreement between land proprietor and developers. Throughout her years at various law firms, Evin handled and became well-versed not only in the preparation and handling of documentation, she also managed to strengthen her business, leadership and management skills throughout the years.
Then in 2018 and while remaining active in practice, she pursued and completed her Masters in Law, as a government scholar, in University of Malaya. Having gained exposure and expertise in property law, Evin has stepped up to become legal advisor and handles several portfolios involving contractor and construction companies based in Pahang.
Evin believes that the pen is mightier than the sword and contributes to articles for Chinese media real estate magazine in Malaysia. She is much sought after from various local developers from her hometown to join their housing development team as a pro bono legal advisor.
Khoo Ai Theng
KHOO AI THENG (MS.)
LL.B(Hons), P.J.K. (NSDK), MMIArb
Khoo Ai Theng graduated from National University of Malaysia (UKM) and she was admitted as Advocates & Solicitors of High Court of Malaya. Prior joining Messrs. Ng Kee Way & Co. as a partner, she was attached with Messrs. Zaid Ibrahim & Co. under Ms. Lena Leong. She was then exposed to conveyancing matters such as drafting sale and purchase agreement, loan agreement, hire & purchase agreement, charge, discharge of charge, deed of assignment and so on.
Then, she was attached in Messrs. Lio & Partners and under guidance Mr. Lio Chee Keong. She was exposed to various field of general litigation including running down cases, land matter, contract matter, corporate litigation, probate, letter of administration, bankruptcy and so on.
Later, she joined Messrs. Krishna Dallumah, Manian & Indran. She was under guidance of Mr. Krishna Dallumah. She handled a lot of civil litigation cases. She joined Messrs. Lim, Ho & Co. She was fully entrusted to handle family law matters such as unilateral divorce, custody of children, adoption, legitimacy of children, citizenship matters and so on.
She was then invited by Mr. Ng Kee Way to join his firm as partner.
In year 2020, she was awarded Pingat Jasa Kebaktian (P.J.K.) by Yang Dipertuan Besar Negeri Sembilan and as she was admitted as arbitrator recognized by The Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators.
In year 2019, she also started serving Malaysian Bar Council Family Law Committee.
In year 2022, she was then appointed as special officer of National Information Chief of UMNO, Tuan Isham Jalil.
- Yeow Guang Cheng V Tang Lee Hiok & Ors 2020] MLJU 1936
- Lim Kai Lin (A Child Or Minor Represented By Her Litigation Representative Lim Joon Hwa And Saw Eng Bee) V Pendaftar Besar Kelahiran Dan Kematian, Malaysia  7 MLJ 685
- Lim Kai Lin (Seorang Budak Atau Yang Belum Dewasa Yang Diwakili Oleh Wakil Litigasinya Lim Joon Hwa Dan Saw Eng Bee) V Pendaftar Besar Kelahiran Dan Kematian, Malaysia  MLJU 1946
- Dynaciate Engineering Sdn Bhd V Freedom Entertainment Sdn Bhd  MLJU 134
- Eric Boon Chuan Kit V Metronic Global Bhd Dan Lain-Lain  MLJU 2903
- Lim Win Khang V. Malaysia Airlines Berhad  3 ILR 413
- Lee Chan Keong V. Mrcb Builders Sdn Bhd  2 LNS 0055
- Chin Li Yung (P) V. Man Fook Weng (L)  1 LNS 2086
- Khalil Abdullah Subramanion Lwn. Focus Dynamics Drives Sdn Bhd  2 LNS 0407
- Norraziela Mohd Rasip V. Bounce Entertainment Sdn Bhd  2 LNS 0350
- Eric Boon Chuan Kit V. Metronic Engineering Sdn Bhd  2 LNS 0430
- Moo Chee Leong & Anor V. Lins Advertising & Marketing Sdn Bhd  2 LNS 0613
- Pingat Jasa Kebaktian (P.J.K.) 2020
- Asian Legal Business, Malaysia Rising Star 2022
Lim Shu Wei
LIM SHU WEI (MS.)
Lawyer Lim Shu Wei graduated with a Bachelor of Laws, LLB (Hons) degree, with First Class Honours from Cardiff University in year 2018 and completed her Certificate in Legal Practice (CLP) in year 2019.
She commenced her pupillage at Messrs. Lavinia, Dell, Akbar and Partners which she was exposed to various conveyancing matters, including development projects, refinancing, perfection of transfer & charge and etc. During her pupillage period, she also had the opportunity to get involved in general civil litigation (debt recovery, liquidated damages for late delivery of properties, tenancy disputes, recovery of vacant possession and etc.)
After completing her pupillage, she then joined Messrs. Ng Kee Way & Co. in year 2020 as a legal associate. She mainly assisted in cases involving divorce, custody disputes, employment & industrial relations, TNB meter tampering, debt recovery, tenancy disputes and sub-sale matters.
Education,Qualification & Affiliates
• LL.B (Hons) Cardiff University
• Advocates & Solicitors of the High Court of Malaya
Chan Kang Wai
CHAN KANG WAI (MR.)
Lawyer Chan Kang Wai graduated with a Bachelor of Laws from University of London in 2019 and completed his Certification in Legal Practice in 2021. He read in the chambers of Messrs Ng Kee Way & Co, under the pupil master of Mr. Ng Kee Way and thereafter he was retained as a legal associate where he handled family litigation, estate and general litigation matters.
Chan Kang Wai has experience in a wide variety of family litigation matters including Divorce petition, adoption application as well as nullity of marriage.
In addition to the above, he also handles estate matter including drafting of wills, application for grant of probate and application for grant of Letter of Administration.
Education,Qualification & Affiliates
• LL.B (Hons) University of London
• Advocates & Solicitors of the High Court of Malaya
Management & Support